Make saving a life your greatest gift
To Friday 25 December 2020 - 11:59pm
Thousands of donors are needed to fill every available appointment this holiday season. Your support through blood, platelet and financial donations ensures a strong national inventory of blood and blood products for patients across Canada.
- Each year, over 100,000 new blood donors are needed to make up for those who can no longer donate. This helps ensure reliable access to blood and blood products for patients in need.
- Donated blood is delivered to over 700 hospitals across Canada and approximately 17,000 units of blood are needed each week.
- Blood and platelet donations are needed for patients undergoing surgery, cancer treatments, routine medical treatments for various diseases and disorders, and much more.
- O-negative blood donors are especially needed because this blood type can be transfused to any patient. In times of emergency or for newborn patients, O-negative blood, the universal blood type, makes a lifesaving difference.
- If you’re in general good health, now more than ever, we need your support to fill every available appointment this holiday season. Visit us at our Ancaster Donor Centre, located at 35 Stone Church Rd. Confirm your eligibility, and book now at ca.
- All blood types are needed. Everyone who is able to is encouraged to donate. Encourage a family member, friend or colleague to book an appointment to donate as well. Together, apart, you can make donating blood a new meaningful tradition in the new year.
- Appointments are required to ensure physical distancing. Currently, only donors with scheduled appointments can enter our centres. You cannot bring a friend or family member with you unless they have an appointment booked at the same time as you. For more information on our latest wellness measures, visit ca/COVID19.
- It’s been an unprecedented year. We’ve adapted to a lot of changes and are grateful for the ongoing generosity, commitment and support from donors. We wish you a festive, healthy and happy holidays!
- Please share your story or reason for joining Canada’s Lifeline at ca/reasons or on social media, so you may inspire others to help save lives. Don’t forget to tag us @CanadasLifeline and use the hashtags #BloodForLife and #CanadasLifeline so we can like and share your posts.
Donating blood this holiday season is one of the most generous things you can do for someone in need.
Over 1,200 appointments need be filled at the Ancaster Donor Centre (35 Stone Church Rd) between Nov 23 – Dec 25.
All blood types are needed. Everyone who is able to is encouraged to donate. Encourage a family member, friend or colleague to book an appointment to donate as well. Together, apart, you can make saving a life your greatest gift.
Check your eligibility to donate and book now at blood.ca/T311. Appointments are required to ensure physical distancing.
Live On Location view all...